Monday, June 19, 2006

That ol’ Oil Jones

That ol’ Oil Jones

love that black tar, light crude’s even better
my need for oil drives me morn’, noon and night
got to lube those wheels of Industry and power
have to feed that ol’ Oil Jones
I shake and sweat my need is so great
it drives me to lie, cheat and steal
I feel the need in the pit of my stomach
being a soulless junkie ain’t no joke
threats, intimidation, bloodshed
all just part of the game
the game I play to feed your SUV
another deal done, in the dark halls of power
the world dances, to my funky melody
after all the UN is my little bitch
don’t talk to me about denial
my hypocrisy is best left unsaid
if you threaten me by speaking truth
I shall denounce you, call you a TERRORIST
these days civil rights are but a myth
humane life loses meaning.
when it comes to that ol’ Oil Jones

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home